Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A "near death" experience?? Or just another Mei Mei moment?

So the other night I caught on fire. But we'll get to that later...

My "near brush with death" (yes, I'm THAT dramatic) has made me ponder where I'm currently at in my life. You all know what I'm talking about - the point when you sit in a room by yourself and a glass bottle of wine and have a woe-is-me kind of moment. You think of the good ol' days when you didn't have a care in the world and the hardest part of your day was deciding what outfit to wear. Yea, one of those moments.

So anyway, I'm 28 years old and have yet to accomplish half the things I wanted to at this point. This is not to say I'm not happy, I mean my life IS pretty awesome after all. ; ) But this is not what I envisioned for myself. Do we ever end up where we thought we would? Hardly ever. But most of us ignore the ride along the way because we're too damned concerned about where we're going. I decided to STOP having a nervous breakdown every time I get another statement about my student loans or see an episode of Bridezillas. What did I decide to do instead you ask? Why, write a blog of course! I mean, why not? My best friend always says my life is like a novella anyway. (When she makes millions off of my life story, I'll be living in the west wing.)

Oh... you want to hear about the fire story then? Well, first I'd like to point out: who the hell uses real candles in a bar anyway? I mean REALLY - you know there's nothing but drunk silly people walking around. AKA May Ling! Simply put, while trying to whisper seductively into the bartenders ear order my vanilla vodka and diet coke, my super long hair swept over an open flame. But ahhh, like a good friend, my drinking buddy came to my rescue... and slapped me on the side of my head. I survived obviously and the only damage done was to my poor ends and my ego as a group of guys watched and did nothing. So the end result was nothing more than my current vendetta with candles and a new purpose in life.

So I'm writing down all my randomness while I continue on a journey to some unknown place. Not original, I know. But this is still me. = ) And you're invited along for the ride and to experience some more Mei Mei moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment