Saturday, January 21, 2012

Let's get some drops in this bucket list baby!

So my last post was kind of a downer I know... but sadness reminds us of all the awesome things we have. I get my moments just like everyone else when the sky opens up and pours down. Well... I'm dancing through this storm and decided I just can't dwell on things that won't change. So, let's put all that in a bubble and blow! Woooooosh!

I also mentioned in my last post some of the things on my bucket list. WELLLLLLL why not share that list and update you with cross offs?? Sounds like fun to me! The list is pretty long and it's going to take forever and a day to finish, but that's what's the point of life otherwise?? So of 110 items, I've managed to cross of 17. My goal this year is to cross off another 10 - the ones I'm considering this year I've bolded.

So here's the list:
Travel:
1.      Live in a foreign country
2.      Visit 6 of the 7 continents
3.      See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
4.      See Rome – all of it
5.      Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
6.      See the Christ Redeemer in Brazil
7.      Visit the village where my mom was born
8.      Go to Carnival
9.      Visit a castle in Ireland
10.    Gamble in Vegas
11.    Go on safari
12.    Go to a film festival
13.    Attend a winter or summer Olympics
14.    Be in two places at once
15.    Go to a wedding abroad
16.    Have a road trip
Adventure:
17.    Go scuba diving
18.    Go sailing
19.    Go white water rafting
20.    Go surfing
21.    Swim with the dolphins
22.    Ride a zip line
23.    Go rock climbing
24.    Ride in a hot air balloon
25.    Bungee jump
26.    Jump out of a plane
27.    Jump off a cliff
28.    Ride in a race car
29.    Ride a motorcycle
30.    Ride in a helicopter
31.    Audition for something just because
32.    Shoot a gun
33.    Buy a random pair of tickets at an airport
34.    Throw a dart at a map – visit where it lands
Edification:
35.    Finally learn Spanish!
36.    Graduate from college
37.    Take a photography class
38.    Graduate with a Master’s degree
39.    Be fluent in at least two foreign languages
40.    Learn how to REALLY salsa dance
41.    Learn to play the guitar
42.    Learn to play poker (and be good at it)
Financial:
43.    Buy a car
44.    Own my first car
45.    Create a trust fund for Aimee
46.    Save $100,000
47.    Save $500,000
48.    Start a non profit organization
49.    Sponsor a charity
50.    Make a loan on kiva.com
51.    Own a dog
52.    Own a home
Accomplishments:
53.    Get my driver’s permit
54.    Get my driver’s license
55.    Publish something
56.    Create my own website
57.    Start a blog
58.    Make a documentary
59.    Write a children’s book
60.    Run a half marathon
61.    Run a marathon
62.    Quit smoking
63.    Read Crime and Punishment
64.    Read War and Peace
65.    Break a world record
66.    Conquer my fear of closets
67.    Compose/write a song
68.    Write my memoirs
Life:
69.    Have a friend for at least 20 years
70.    Be the Maid of Honor at least once
71.    Be someone’s Godmother
72.    Fall in love
73.    Fall in love again
74.    Get married
75.    Celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary
76.    Start a tradition
77.    Have a huge 30th birthday party
78.    Attach a lock on a love bridge
Family:
79.    Find a way to reconcile with my mother
80.    Find and get to know my half sister
81.    Find and get to know my half brother
82.    Host a family reunion
83.    See Aimee get married
84.    Write Aimee a letter for when she’s older
Random:
85.    Slap someone in the face and really mean it
86.    Watch a sunset and a sunrise on the beach
87.    Witness a miracle
88.    Plant a tree
89.    Skinny dip
90.    Be an extra in a movie
91.    Make a time capsule and bury it somewhere
92.    Go to an NFL football game
93.    Laugh until I cry
94.    Go fishing – bait my own line, catch the fish and eat it!
95.    Go on a blind date
96.    Name a star
97.    Have sex in a public place
98.    Get a tattoo
99.    Dance in the rain
100.  Kiss in the rain
101.  Send a message in a bottle
102.  Make a difference in someone’s life
103.  Inspire someone
104.  Learn to forgive
105.  Go to a concert
106.  Lose 50 pounds
107.  Be in a protest
108.  Build a giant sand castle
109.  Find a four lead clover
110.  Save a human life
I challenge you to create a list and just get out there and live your life!! I'll update you as I go because I know many of these will inspire some major Mei Mei Moments and isn't that the whole point? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment