Sunday, April 29, 2012

Invincible summer

I've come to learn over time that falling out of love is just as liberating as finding love - it grants a freedom from the chains that love can create. Chains you were or weren't even aware of. From the kind of love that suffocates and blinds a person. The type of love that only takes without a thought of giving. You never really realize just how much your own emotions can cripple you. How much joy it takes away, especially when you think you are the happiest you've ever been.

I've been lucky to find love, even if it was short lived or perhaps a pretty lie. At least in that moment I was elated. But I've also experienced heartache that completely shut me down. It's amazing how in one minute love can create this moment of pure ecstasy that we wish would never leave us and then in the next becomes stifling and uncontrollable. Letting go gives us a strength that holding onto something can't do. You see the world with fresh eyes, are aware of new possibilities. I want to dwell in the possibilities of life and not be narrowed by only seeing what's just in front of me. I'm pretty excited to see what life has in store for me!

I think Albert Camus said it best: In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment